Do you believe that change is only possible by doing politics? Do you also have the feeling that you are not represented by existing political parties?
You don't want to stand on the sidelines but rather act against populism? Against climate change? Join a movement of like-minded volunteers! On this page you will find all the information you need about what it means to join Volt.
What types of membership are there?
- Full voting rights - local, regional, national, European.
- Voting rights both at Volt Germany and Volt Europe: Active (may vote) and passive (may run for office and be elected) voting rights both at Volt Germany and Volt Europe.
- Membership fee (indicative) approx. 1% of net income. Details see below.
- Recommended for those who want to participate intensively in Volt and who also have some time for Party activities and events.
- Support Volt but are not party members.
- No active or passive voting rights at Volt.
- No membership fee.
- For those who would like to support our activities and to contribute actively, but who do not (yet) want to become party members.
- People who want to support Volt financially
- no active or passive voting rights at Volt
- freely selectable monthly contribution of at least 10 €
- further information under supporting membership
How much does active membership cost?
The membership fee for active members should be 1 % of their net income, but at least 120 € per year. For people on low incomes, the contribution is at least 24 € per year. For pupils, students, pensioners, unemployed or people without income, the minimum membership fee is 12 € per year. You can find more details about our membership fees in §3 of our Financial Regulations.
How does the process of applying as a Member or Volunteer work?
If you click on the "Join Volt" button at the end of this page, you will be directed to our membership application website. Enter your email address, select your membership type and complete the questionnaire. Then (please give us a few days) you will be contacted by a Volt member for a short introductory interview - your chance to ask questions about Volt and an opportunity for us to find out which teams in our network might be of interest to you. You will then be given access to our online work space, you get a Volt email address and can get started right away. The Volt member who interviewed you will also help you to get oriented at the beginning.
Here you can take a closer look at the process as a diagram (in German)
Are there any obligations and how much time do I have to spend on it?
We all support Volt on a voluntary basis - so there is no need to invest a fixed number of hours unless you apply for an official position at the national or European level. In general, we are happy if you find your own interests within Volt and if you can contribute in your own way.
If you have more questions regarding membership or concerning Volt in general please send us an email: email@example.com.