- a person with a wide range of experience. As father and grandfather, as natural scientist and management consultant, as co-founder of two biotechnology companies and actor.
- I am used to looking at reality from different perspectives and respecting the views of others.
- But most of all, I enjoy actively tackling problems and challenges and finding the best solution for everyone involved.
Volt convinces me because…
- we need European parties to solve the most pressing issues of today. National parties are not in a position to do so.
- because Volt is a modern and progressive organisation full of drive, which will take Europe forward with forward-looking concepts.
- because local politicians with a network throughout Europe can learn from good examples from the other regions.
My vision for Europe is...
freedom, peace and social justice. A federal, democratic and modern Europe that is a model for the world.
My goals in the City Council of Bamberg are...
- Bamberg as a participatory city. Civic participation made real through a citizens' budget, a participatory citizens' portal and more transparency in the formation of political opinion.
- Intelligent urban planning and affordable housing, e.g. by reviving social housing construction in urban hands.
- A strong local economy through targeted promotion of existing strengths and sustainable management.
- Free culture for a vibrant city - 5 for Bamberg (5% of the municipal culture budget for the free cultural scene)
- Bamberg 2030 - an efficient, cost-effective, digital city administration